Air Conditioning Trainer - General Cycle Type:
The unit consists of ducting fitted with various air conditioning components. Airflow is generated by an axial flow fan and in the airflow, heaters, cooling coil and steam humidifier connection is provided. Cooling circuit consists of a hermetic compressor; air cooled condenser, thermostatic expansion valve and evaporator (i.e. cooling coil). Measurements of various parameters Torn cooling cycle and heating cycle are provided and students can easily visualize and understand the basic principles of air conditioning.
- Cooling Circuits â it consists of:hermetic compressor, having the capacity of 2/3 ton of refrigeration (approx.) using r-22 refrigerant.
- rotameter for liquid refrigerant flow measurement.
- pressure gauges for high and low pressure.
- prescott (i.e. high and low pressure cut-out).
- thermometers for temperature measurement at various points in the cycle.
- energy meter for compressor input measurement.
- condensate measuring arrangement.
Heating Circuit â air heaters with input control provided with energy meter for input measurement. Maximum heating capacity 1 kw.
Steam Generator and injector for humidification of air. All above components are connected to a duct of size 200mm. X 200mm. in which airflow is generated by axial flow fan.
Anemometer For measurement of air velocity, (range 0-15 m/sec. Following experiments can be conducted on the unit
- cooling of atmospheric air.
- heating of atmospheric air.
- humidification of atmospheric air.
- dehumidification and heating of atmospheric air.
(cooling coil acts as dehumidifier at reduced airflow.)
- 440 v, 15 a, 3 phase supply with earthing connection.
- Floor Space area about 3 m. X 2 m.
Works : 276, HSIIDC, Sector II, Saha Industrial Estate, Ambala, Haryana, 133001, India