Forced Convection Apparatus:
The unit consists of a circular pipe; loosing heat by forced convection to air, being forced through it. Constant heat flux is added to pipe by an electrical heater, provided with input control. The pipe surface temperature is measured at various points along length of pipe. Temperature of air at inlet and outlet of test section are measured. Thus the students can calculate local and overall heat transfer coefficients in forced convection, at various airflow rates and various heat flux values.
- Test pipe - 32mm NB GI pipe, 500 mm. long, heated by band heater, outside.
- Centrifugal blower to force air through test pipe with How control valve.
- Variac 2A, capacity to force air through test pipe with flow control valve.
- An orifice meter with differential water manometer.
- Voltmeter and Ammeter to measure heater input.
- Multichannel digital temperature indicator to measures various temperatures.
- A technical manual accompanies the unit.
- Bench area of about 1m. x 0.75 m. at working height.
- 239v, 15A, AC, supply with earthing connection.
Works : 276, HSIIDC, Sector II, Saha Industrial Estate, Ambala, Haryana, 133001, India