Shell & tube heat exchanger ( water to water ):
Heat exchanger is the devices used to transfer the heat from one fluid to other. The shell and tube heat exchanger is two tube single pass heat exchanger. The hot fluid is hot water obtained from water heater. The coil fluid is cold water. The schematic flow arrangement is shown in figure. Hot water enters the lower side of end box, flows through the tubes in lower half of shell and comes to the other end of the shell. It reverses its direction, flows through tubes in upper half of the shell and leaves out. Cold water enters lower part of the shell passes over the tubes between the baffles and leaves out the shell through outlet at upper surface of shell.
Shell - 150nb, 750 m.m. long provided with end boxes.
- One end box with divider plate.
- 25% cut baffles - 4 nos. in the shell.
- Tubes - 4.5mm i.d., 6.35mm o.d.,250 m.m. length copper tubes with triangular pitch.
- Instantaneous water heater, 3 kw capacity, to supply hot water.
- Thermometer for measuring the water temperature.
- Valves to control hot and cold water flow.
- 3 p h, ac supply
- Floor space 1.5m. X 1m,
- 230v, 15a, ac supply with earthing connection.
- Water supply at the rate of about 10 lit/min at constant heat.
Works : 276, HSIIDC, Sector II, Saha Industrial Estate, Ambala, Haryana, 133001, India