The apparatus consists of two pipelines emerging out from a common manifold. One pipeline contain a Venturimeter, second contains an Orifice. The pressure tapings from the Venturimeter and Orificemeter are taken to differential manometer to measure pressure difference. The Venturimeter and Orificemeter are connected in parallel and anyone of them can be put in operation by operating valves provided at the downstream. These valves can also regulate the flow. Present Set-up is self contained water re-circulating unit, provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump. Flow control valve and by-pass valve are fitted in water line to conduct the experiment on different floe rate. Flow rate of water is measured with the help of measured with the help of measuring tank and stop watch.
- To determine the Co-efficient of discharged through Venturimeter and Orificemeter
- To measure discharge through Venturimeter and Orificemeter as flow meters.
- Water Supply & Drain
- Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220 VAC, 0.5 kW
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: -
- Venturimeter : Material Clear Acrylic, Compatible to 1â Dia pipe
- Orificemeter : Material Clear Acrylic, Compatible to 1â Dia. Pipe
- Water Circulation : FHP Pump, Crompton / Sharp make
- Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Tank, Capacity 25 Ltrs.
- Sump Tank : Capacity 50 Ltrs.
- Stop Watch : Electronic
- Control Panel : On / Off Switch, Mains Indicator etc.
The whole Set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted Structure
Works : 276, HSIIDC, Sector II, Saha Industrial Estate, Ambala, Haryana, 133001, India